Application requirements directly from The Department of Business & Professional Regulation website listed below. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/CheckListDetail.asp?SID=&xactCode=1030&clientCode=0701&XACT_DEFN_ID=13095MOLD ASSESSOR – INITIAL LICENSE BY EXAMINATION (MRS 0701)
This application is used by individuals who have taken and passed a department approved exam for mold assessment.Application Requirements:
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A copy of a transcript is required demonstrating an Associate of Arts degree or higher with at least 30 credit hours in microbiology, engineering, architecture, industrial hygiene or occupational safety or related field of science from an accredited institution. The applicant must also demonstrate a minimum of 1 year of documented field experience in microbial sampling or investigations, and documented training in water, mold and respiratory protection; Or a high school diploma and 4 years of documented field experience in microbial sampling or investigations, and documented training in water, mold and respiratory protection. This is not a complete listing of educational and experience requirements. Please see the application instructions page for complete information.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQs.
- INSURANCE: Applicants for a Mold Assessor license are required to attest that they have obtained general liability and errors and omissions insurance for both preliminary and post remediation mold assessment in the amount of no less than $1 million dollars as determined by statute.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application. If applying online, you can pay with a credit card or electronic check. If mailing your application, please include a check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the “Online Services” link or the “Printable Application” link at the bottom of the page.
- MORE INFORMATION: Learn more about this profession’s application requirements (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient